IS 1888 1962, ASTM D 1194, BS 13779
This is for estimating the bearing capacity of shallow
foundations in situ and for the design of flexible
pavement. In the test procedure a steel plate is subjected to
gradually increasing load and settlements of the plates
Specification : The out fit consists of
- 50 tonne hydraulic jack with separate pumping
unit fixed to it a 0 - 500KN x 0.5KN. - 1No.
- Special ball and socket arrangement
between the jack and the bearing plate - 1 No.
- Extension rod 12mm dia x 25 cm long
for taking dial gauge readings - 16 Nos.
- Magnetic base with female thread on top
for holding extension rod - 4 Nos.
- Top end plate, 50mm, dia with male
thread for fitting onto the extension rods
and positioning the dial gauge plunger - 4 Nos.
- Column 15cm dia x 25cm long with flanges complete
with four bolts and nuts - 2 Nos.
- Column 15cm dia x 50cm long with flanges complete
with four bolts and nuts - 1 No.
- Bridge support of welded steel angle
construction, 5 mtr. Span and stands
approximately 30 cm. High. Fitted with two
quick release clamps a for positioning
and holding the dial bracket - 2 Nos.